Dr. Paul Cameron
Dr. Paul Cameron
Dr. Paul Cameron was born and raised in Antigonish, Nova Scotia. He attended St. F.X. University where he received a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Biology in 1985. He then attended Dalhousie University, where he received his Doctor of Dental Surgery Degree (D.D.S) in 1989.
Dr. Cameron was chosen to give his class Valedictorian address at his graduation. Immediately following graduation, Dr. Cameron began practicing dentistry in Antigonish. Dr. Cameron has been providing dental services to the community for over 31 years.
- Dr. Cameron was awarded a Certificate of Appreciation from the CDA in 2010 for his contributions nationally to organized dentistry.
- In 2010, Dr. Cameron was awarded an Honorary Fellowship in the Pierre Fauchard Academy (PFA). The PFA is an International Honour Dental Association, its mission is to consistently focus on professionalism, integrity, and ethics worldwide, in the advancement of dentistry to the highest level.
- In 2012, Dr. Cameron was awarded an Honorary Fellowship in the International College of Dentists. The International College of Dentists (ICD) is the oldest and largest international honorary dental organization. Fellowship in the College is extended by invitation only and is granted in recognition of a dentist's "outstanding professional achievement, meritorious service and dedication to the continued progress or dentistry for the benefit of humankind".
- In 2016, at a ceremony in Ottawa, Dr. Cameron was awarded the prestigious "Award of Merit" from the Canadian Dental Association. The Award of Merit recognizes an individual who has served in an outstanding capacity in the governing or service of CDA over a sustained period of time or who has made similar outstanding contributions to the dental profession, the dental community or the oral health of Canadians and/or society at large
- President of St. Martha's Hospital Foundation
- Chair of St. Ninian's Parish Council
- Coached in the Antigonish Minor Hockey and Baseball associations
- Dr. Cameron has sat on, and chaired, numerous committees for both his provincial and national professional associations.
- Dr. Cameron served as the President of the Nova Scotia Dental Association (NSDA) from 2008-2009.
- Dr. Cameron has sat as a National Member of the Board of Directors for the Canadian Dental Association (CDA) from 2012-2016.