Children's Dental Services
Positive Early Dental Experiences
We believe that it's never too early to start on the road to good dental health, that's why we make every effort to ensure every child feels safe and relaxed.
Ensuring children are at ease for their first few dental visits will help them look forward to the next visit.
We'll do everything we can to make sure your child's first visit is easy for both of you! We take extra care when introducing children to the dentist's chair, and even some of our 'cool' instruments.
If your child feels ready for their appointment, we'll start with their first hygiene visit. If not, you can bring them back when they're ready.
Your Child's First Visit
Infants should be seen by a dentist after the first six months of age, or at minimum, by their first birthday. By this time, the baby's first teeth are beginning to erupt and it is a critical time to spot any issues before they become big concerns.
Dental Services for Kids
At Antigonish Family Dentistry, our services can be tailored to meet your child's oral health needs and keep their smile happy and healthy.
Our knowledgeable team is fully equipped to offer a full range of dentistry services to meet the needs of a child's growing mouth, including:
- Custom made sports guards
- Space maintainers, for early orthodontic intervention
- Dental sealants, to protect your child's baby teeth from cavities
- Thumb-sucking/habit-breaking appliances to help your child overcome behaviours that could be potentially harmful to their overall oral health.
New Patients Always Welcome
Looking for a dentist in Antigonish? We're happily accepting new patients at our dental clinic! Contact us to get started today.Request Appointment
LocationAntigonish Family Dentistry
- Monday:08:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Tuesday:08:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Wednesday:08:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Thursday:08:00 am - 05:30 pm
- Friday:08:00 am - 04:30 pm
We can accommodate patients that want later appointments.